Google+

Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Finished!!!

This past week has been great! I didn’t get a lot of miles in but I did get to run a race and spend lots of time with family and friend. We checked the kids out of school early this past Friday and went on up to Jackson. We went shopping and then went and check into our motel and did a little swimming. While at Target I bought me a new pair of running shorts and a bright yellow running shirt. No I didn’t wear them to the race. You should always wear clothes that are well broken in to race.
We all got to Union University about 7:15 and I started looking for the Start Line. After seeing the half marathoners off, I did ask one of the officials where the start line was and we went on over there. After some last minute stretching, we were finally ready for start time. I lined up near the back and finally we were off. I was off to a good start and about the one mile mark we came upon the water station. I grabbed a cup and drank about half of the Gatorade and I was set. I asked for water the second time around but they didn’t have any so I passed it up.

After making the last right turn to the Finish Line, I knew I had made it. When I got closer I couldn’t believe what I was seeing on the clock. I finished in 33:50! I had never run 3.1 miles in under 34 minutes. I was proud. I had finished my first 5K and couldn’t have been happier. I’m glad I got to share this time with my family and with Rob. I was good having all of them there.

We had a great lunch at Olive Garden too.

Still the scales are being good to me. No loss or gain. I guess that is better than gaining though.

My friend, Amy, completed the marathon up in Jackson this past weekend too. On Sunday, I got up and ran a short 3 miles and she posted on Facebook, “Shouldn’t this be a rest day?” She later told me that she couldn’t have ran 3 feet much less 3 miles. I did tell her that if I had ran as much as she did then I wouldn’t have been able to get out of bed. Amy, you did great!

I would like to take this time to thank Amy, Chris, Joy and Koach for all help and encouragement that you have given me the last six months. I realize that I did all the hard work but their encouragement and inspiration made it so much easier. Thank you all so much!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed this weeks post.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you blog Jeremy. You are such an inspiration and encouragement and you have a great story to tell.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete