Google+

Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Thankful for the Gift

As I sit here tonight (Saturday), I have just finished my assignments for the week and had something on my mind.  Over the last couple of weeks, I have thought a lot about this gift.  The gift that I have been given and how sometimes how I need to see it from a different perspective.  I have thought about this the last few runs that I have done since the marathon.

As Jeff and I were mingling around the lobby of the hotel in Huntsville before the start of the marathon, we see a guy come in the front door in a wheelchair.  I can't remember exactly what Jeff said but said something to effect of having a different perspective.  And it does!!!  I have thought many times how fortunate I am able to run.

I just needed to write this and I hope that the next time you see a person in a wheelchair, a blind person, or a person that has lost an arm or a leg, that you will look at yourself and consider how fortunate you are.  Sometimes we get so caught up in ourselves that we forgot how things could be and then God puts a few of these people in our paths to remind us that it isn't all about us.

2 comments:

  1. You are spot on. I had taken running for granted. Just a few weeks on these silly crutches has given me a new perspective on things. The ability to just open a door when shopping~or carry things! My goodness but how having just a minor injury can open your eyes to what so many have to deal with for a lifetime. I only have to do this for a month but let me tell you, I am counting the days until when I can walk without crutches again. Let alone run! :) Thanks for the blog. You got this one exactly right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Melinda! We take many "little" things in life for granted until we don't have them anymore and they seem so big.. Hope you get better soon and can get back out there and pound that pavement!

      Delete