Google+

Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Losing It #4

It’s been over two weeks since I’ve written anything for Losing It and I’ve got a lot to share but I will spread it out over a few post. Today I wanted to focus on the apps that I used to start out with and one that I’m still using. I’ve previously reviewed these apps on my Tech Talk Thursday post but now that I’m actively using them I can be a better reviewer.

The first app that I started out with during my journey to lose weight is Lose It! This is a simple little program that you use to keep a journal of what you are eating and it will budget calories based on your weight and how much weight you want to lose per week or maintain your current weight. It also will let you add friends to get motivation from but will only share how much weight you have lost and now your weight. When you enter what you eat on the iPhone it will update the LoseIt.com website and when you enter the info into the website it will update on your phone keeping everything in sync.

The second app that I was using is Runkeeper. There is two versions of Runkeeper. I started out with the free version but upgraded to the Pro version. Both versions offer to keep records of your pace, speed, time, and distance. The Pro version also offers you split times and audio cues. Both versions also let you sync Runkeeper.com and you can go there and get details of all of your activities and see your weekly and monthly milage.

I’m currently kind of on the disabled list and can’t walk/run as much as I’d like. To date I’ve lost 14 pounds and am using the Lose It! app on a daily basis.

That’s going to do me for now. Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment