Google+

Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Losing It #3

I can hardly believe that it's been over a month since I started working towards my goal of running a 5K in less than 30 minutes. In the month of October I logged 48.7 miles and my best week was 14.8 miles.

Although the only goal that I really had in October was to get up and start moving I do have some clear goals for November thru January. Last week I started inserting some running into my workouts and improved my pace. Starting the week of Thanksgiving I am going to drop my workouts from five to three per week. I may still have some easy days of walking but my main focus is going to bee on the Couch to 5K program.

The C25K program is a program designed to get you from the couch to running 5K without walking or stopping. I did find a few apps for the iPhone that did this program but I simply programmed my Runkeeper Pro to give me the audio cues of when to walk and when to run. It's true you can't really start out from the couch and go straight into this program. First you need to build a base of walking and then start C25K. I will keep you posted on my progress on the program.

It's been almost a week since I weighed in but as of last Friday I am down another 2 pounds for a total of 8.2 pounds. Last Wednesday I did take a day off from logging my food but I don't think it had much of an impact on my weight lose.

That's going to do me for this edition and thanks for stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment