Google+

Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just 100 more days

Today marks the 90th day since I started on this journey to live a more healthy life. It is also only 100 more days until I run in my first 5K.

It amazes me how far I've come since October 1. That was the day that I decided to get up and start walking and getting some exercise. It wore me out. I couldn't even walk a quarter mile without my legs burning like fire. Now I can walk/run a 5K in under 45 minutes and it feels good.

This past Monday I went to the gym and was going to stop at 3.1 miles but I was feeling so good after that I decided to go ahead and stay on the treadmill for the rest of the hour. I ended up walking/running 4.40 miles in 59:23.

I'm letting my legs get some much needed rest for the last couple of days but looking forward to finishing the year out with another long run.

As of this writing, I have covered 125.4 miles on my feet and it has only taken me 34 hours 4 minutes 36 seconds to do it. As I looked back over my logs the last couple of months, I discovered that I had walked/ran 5.7 more miles in December than I did in November. It didn't surprise me but what did surprise me was that it only took me about three and a half more minutes to cover that much more ground. I couldn't believe it!

Now that Christmas is over and the new year is approaching, I am happy to say that I did gain or lose any weight over the last few days. I didn't count calories but was mindful of what I was eating most of the time. Plus or minus zero pounds...I take it.

For all of you that have started and will be starting the C25K program, just keep at it. You can do it. You may have to repeat some days or weeks but it's worth it. Good luck!

Thanks for dropping by and will see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment