Google+

Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Myth Debunked

I didn’t think that the scales were very good to me this week. Even though I haven’t changed my eating habits this past week, I didn’t lose or gain any weight. I was a little disappointed but I am hoping that is just means that I’m gaining muscle and still losing fast. I have measured different parts of my body for the last month and a half and am losing an average of a half inch a week from my belly when measured around the belly button.

This past week I did run my longest distance but only by .02 miles (does that count?) but what makes it even better was that it was at my fastest pace ever. This past Saturday I ran 3.12 miles at a pace of 12:27 and on Sunday morning I ran 5.28 miles at a pace of 12:20. It felt great too!

Before my run on Sunday morning I posted on Facebook that I was wondering if it was worth getting up and putting out the effort. I got my answer at church later that morning. I got several compliments from my friends and that made me feel really good and knew that it was paying off.

I know you’re wondering by now about the title of my post. What could that possibly be about? It’s this: muscle weights more than fat. If you really read that it just doesn’t make any sense. A pound of muscle or fat both weigh a pound. The difference is that fat takes up more room than muscle. It’s like a pound of feathers takes up more room than a pound of lead but they both weigh the same. There are many things that we say that don’t make sense and my favorite of all time is “hot water heater”. It is really just a water heater because we don’t heat hot water.

Hope you all have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment