Google+

Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

I Learned Something This Week

This week went by really fast! It seems like it just started. I am going to go ahead and share my weight lose numbers for this week. I am down another 1.4 pounds and that leaves me with just 23.4 more to go. I am lighter now than I’ve been in over ten years. I was asked this past week how much I had lost and I told them that I had lost a Lillie. Lillie, my daughter, weighs just under 28 pounds. I would hate to know that I had to pick her up and run with her for four or five miles.

Another question I was asked this past week was about my speed. I’m sure this is a commonly asked question for beginners, which I still am. As a long distance runner, five miles is long distance to me, you shouldn’t start out full blast like some tend to do. I know what my comfortable pace is and every runner is different. I know that a sprinter could easily beat me in a 400 meter dash but I could probably beat that same sprinter to the five mile mark. That being said, start slow and you will have enough energy to finish.

I did learn something about my body this week. It probably applies to everybody. Tuesday I ate about noon or so and that was it. I got home and then went to the gym about 4 o’clock. That was the wrong thing to do. I should have eaten a bowl of cereal or something before I went. I suffered almost the entire 2.5 miles. The first mile or so was alright but it was all downhill from there. I knew before I got finished what had happened and I won’t make that mistake again. On Wednesday morning I got up and ate a bowl of cereal just like I normally do and got in 5 miles and it was all good. So before you go out for your run, especially if it’s going to be over an hour, be sure to fuel up.

Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you again real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment