Google+

Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Why Do You Run?

I was asked a couple of weeks ago a friend, we’ll call him Harold since that is his real name, why we got together and ran. At the time I really didn’t have an answer but the more I thought about it the more a realized why I do run.

After thinking about it, I asked Harold why he liked going to car shows and he said, “So I can show off my hard work.” I said, “That’s why I run.” I know that cleaning and shining up a car is different than running but really it’s not all that different. Harold works hard to keep his cars clean and making them look good for the judges. Of course, as runners, we are “judged” on our time when we cross the finish line.

Another reason I run is because it relieves stress. Harold also told me that it helps him relax and get rid of stress while he is working on his cars. Although I don’t find running relaxing during my run I do feel relaxed afterwards.

The main reason I run is to stay fit. I don’t think that I’ve ever been as fit as I am right now in my entire life. I intend to keep it that way too. I’ve worked too hard and come too far to go back to my old ways of living.

I wrote on Facebook earlier that I had two things to share that I think are pretty big. The first is that as of this morning I reached the 200 mile mark for the year and I still have a few more days left in April. As of now, I have ran over 40 miles this month alone.

The second thing that I wanted to share is that I am officially under 200 pounds. I don’t think I have ever said how much I weigh but as of this morning I am down 41.6 pounds. That leaves me with only 9.8 pounds to lose to reach my goal.

That’s going to do me for this weeks. Thanks for stopping by and don’t forget that the Coke 10K is coming up on May 7th and Rob will be joining me that morning for breakfast and we will be walking to downtown Corinth to the start line. This is another race that I’m really looking forward to running.

No comments:

Post a Comment