Google+

Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Doesn't Make Any Sense

Yesterday I posted on Facebook that today’s post would probably make some people mad. As of 2010, Mississippi is still the fattest state in the country and I only point that out for one reason. According to some sources, Tupelo had a Bike to Work Day last week, which is a good thing except for one little thing. It wasn’t to promote health and fitness. It couldn’t have been. You may be asking, “Why?” The proof is in the fact that they served donuts and gravy and biscuits at the “start line”. Depending on how far I have to bike to work will determine how many calories I will burn. I am going to bet that not many people will bike more than a few miles. Then they are going to feed me a donut that has 200 or more calories along with a gray and biscuit? I don’t know who the organizers were for this “event” but they didn’t plan very well. They should have been giving away bowls of oatmeal, whole grain cereal with skim milk, and fruits. Maybe next year they will make this small change and I will feel much better about it.

I will get off my soapbox now and go on with my post.

I actually didn’t get much accomplished this last week because I was on the road all week and I was in unfamiliar territory. The towns I stayed in didn’t have any sidewalk near to where I parked and I didn’t want to take the chance of getting run over on the road. I made the decision to stay in the truck and get some things done while I had a chance. The things I done are for my other blog so you will have to check it out.

I finally got home and still didn’t gain or lose this week but that is still okay. I would love to get down to my goal weight but I will have to be patient. Rodney, from the gym, did make me weight training schedule and I will be starting that this week.

This is going to do me for this week and I will see you again next week. If you have any comments about the Bike to Work Day, please leave them in the comments. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment