Google+

Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Vacation Week

I’m going to go ahead and get the scale thing out of the way. This past week I was on vacation and didn’t make such good choices in my diet. That doesn’t mean I wasn’t aware of what was going in my mouth because I was. I didn’t sit around and eat everything but I did eat some junk food. Now that I’ve said all of that, I am proud to say that I only gained 6/10 of a pound. That still gives me a total weight lose of 41 pounds over the last seven months.

While on vacation and since the Coke 10K, I ran a total of 16.7 miles. This was one mile more than I did the week of 4/11 but took me almost 30 minutes more. I am now trying to adjust to the heat. On Tuesday I went out and got in 2.5 miles and it was 84 degrees. The heat didn’t agree with me and I tried to run at my regular pace but I bombed.

I changed it up a little on Wednesday and went to the gym for some bike riding. On Thursday I went out and had a nice 6 miler and it was better. I slowed my pace down and the run was much better and I felt good afterwards. The wife and I went to the gym on Friday and I had a good 3 miler on the treadmill.

Since I had to leave out on Saturday morning, I decided to get up early and get in a few miles. I ended up with a great 5 miler that morning. The weather had cooled down to about 59 degrees and I still slowed my pace because I had some tired legs. I don’t feel like I did too much but I almost did.

That’s going to do me for this week. Hope you all have a great week and will see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment