Google+

Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

I Think We Missed a Turn

This was a great running week for me because I finally hit over twenty miles for the first time in five weeks.  I'm not saying I haven't had any good weeks but this one was really good.  Sometimes my job keeps me from getting a run in on the days I know I need to get one but we won't go into that.

To start my running week off, I ran from my house to the TN state line and back on Wednesday morning for a total of 7.1 miles.  That was my longest distance for a middle of the week run.  Most of my midweek runs are 4-6 miles.  This was also a different route  for me too.  I thought there would be lots of traffic down there road but there really wasn't.  I ran to where the "Tennessee" sign and just past it but when I imported my data into MapMyRun I was just a little shy of the line.  It could have been something to do with the GPS data.

I didn't run on Thursday but the next three days were running days.  On Friday, I ran the Nightcrawler down in Tupelo.  Before the race, I ran 2.7 miles because Ballard Park is one of my favorite places to run.  As I was approaching the water stop, I could hear the volunteers shouting, "We are out of water! Sorry!" The last cup of water went to the lady that was about three seconds in front of me.  Then as I came upon the 5K mark, I knew something must be wrong.  I asked a guy if we had signed something to keep the distance secret from next year's runners.  Apparently, when we crossed over onto the dirt again we were really supposed to go left and stay on the pavement.  This stretched a lot of our runs into 3.7 miles.  Mistakes were made and I heard that some of the runners didn't get a shirt because they didn't preregister.  This should be a reminder to preregister if you want a shirt from the event.

My next run was less than twelve hours later.  I had a meeting down in Verona and had left some dry clothes with someone that was going to be at the meeting.  Since we stayed the night in Tupelo, I decided that I was going to run down to the meeting.  Some people thought it was 10-12 miles but when I was all said and done, it ended up being 6.2 miles.  It was hot but well worth it.  It was a great way to start off my birthday.

Jeff and I went to the cross country course on Sunday morning and I only ran 3.8 miles because I just wasn't feeling it.  It was still a good run but my legs were tired.  After this long week (23.4 miles), they deserve a rest.

I was going to review a product for you this week but I'm going to put that off until next week since this post was so long.  Have a great week and hope you will stop back by again next week.  Just 89 more days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment