Google+

Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

For the Love of PB

Last week I told you we were going to feature a blog by another runner from the group that I run with on Saturday morning.  Her name is Tammie and she write The White Dish blog.  When I first found out about her blog she had posted a recipe about a fruit dip made with peanut butter.  If you know me, peanut butter is one of my favorite foods.  I went to the grocery store and bought what I needed for it and it was so good.  I ate some on a banana and a bunch of it on my newly discovered fruit, strawberries.  I like the dip on the strawberries best.

Along with the recipes, Tammie also blogs about fitness.  She has two post about her love for running and what she loves about running.  If you love to cook and are looking for some healthy recipes, then be sure to check out Tammie's blog.  I'm sure you'll find something there that you will want to try.

This past week was a very good one.  I had three good runs and all of them were 8+ miles.  My first one was on Monday and it was 10 miles.  I didn't get to run again until Saturday and then I ran with the group.  On my way, I was going to turn the GPS on on my watch and it told me that it had a low battery.  It had been on the charger all night and I couldn't figure out why that happened.  I ended up running with my friend, Joanna, and we had a great 10 miler.  We did have a couple of times that the rain was misty and then we felt the cool air.  By the time I got back to town it was raining pretty good but then cleared off for the rest of the day.

On Sunday, I went out to run and met Jeff on the Coke course.  We ran about four miles together and I ended up with eight miles.  The weather couldn't have been any better.  It was cool and I ran an 11:18 pace.  That is the best that I've ever run in a long distance like that.  I ended my week with just over 28 miles.

I also signed up for another half marathon during the weekend.  It is only two weeks after my first but my goal for both of them is to cross the finish line.  The second half is the Shakerag that is in Tupelo.  I had such a good time at the Tupelo Marathon that I didn't want to miss this half.

That's going to do me for this week.  Hope to see you again next week.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your GPS is working again! And I enjoyed the run too.. even in the rain.. as it was pretty humid that day... I think finally we are going to have some cooler runs! AND I LOVE PB too!

    ReplyDelete