Google+

Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tie 'Em Up

I thought a lot about what I was going to write about this week and just couldn't come up with anything until Friday when I was walking from my truck back to the house.  Most of the time I wear a pair of New Balance 730s.  They are my favorite shoes to wear because there isn't much to them.  When I put my running shoes on they sometimes feel like boots.  One problem I have with the New Balance shoes is keeping them tied.  I normally have to tie them a second time before they will stay tied.  One of them came untied on my way back to the house and that is how I came up with this post.

After almost two year into my journey I found an article that told me that I had been tying my shoes wrong.  My shoes did sometimes come untied but it never occurred to me that I might be tying them wrong.  I was browsing around Runner's World a couple of weeks ago and came across an article that showed the correct way to tie shoe laces where they wouldn't come untied and would actually get tighter.  Here is a link to the article on Runner's World.  There is also a video on there.

My running week was good.  I got in on Thursday afternoon and went for a nice 5 miler.  Met Jeff on the course and we had a nice visit/run for about a mile and a half.  On Saturday, I was back out there on 350 for a 10 miler.  Joanna and I decided to take the "ridge road" instead of the highway after the water stop.  She had never been that way and it was only my second time.  Once you get past that first hill it is mostly flat.  Sunday morning I got up and ran 10 more miles.  That made my total for the week 25.3 miles and my total for the month 64.1 miles.

Thanks for stopping by this week and hope you will come by again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment