Google+

Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some Things Can't Be Bought

This past week was a really good week.  I ran the Baptist Memorial Hospital 5K in Booneville, MS, and ran a new PR.  I wasn't really trying to do it but I got it done anyway.  According to my Garmin I ran the course in 32:07.  The official results haven't been posted as of this writing but I'm sure that is close.  My old PR was set way back in April 2011 when I ran my very first 5K in 33:50.  I guess running on 350 all summer has really paid off.

I was reading the tweets yesterday on Twitter and came across this:

"Never give up. In the end it is always worth it!"

When I first began this journey, I would often wonder if all of this walking was worth it. I've known for a long time that it has been worth every single step. What was it worth? You can't put a price on the things I have gotten. My health. My running friends and the relationships I've built. Those things just can't be bought.

I know this is short and sweet but I hope I have made my point.


No comments:

Post a Comment