Google+

Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

You Ate What the Day Before?

Let me start this post by thanking all of my Lunatic Fringe friends that have encouraged and motivated me over the last few months.  A year ago, I would never have thought about running a half but now my first one is in the books.  I had a blast!  Coach Ricky Ford was kind enough to pick me up and let me ride with him down to the race location.  Just before race time, we parted ways and I didn't see anyone I knew until I was past the 5 mile mark.  I noticed that I was meeting runners coming from the other way.  I was looking for Coach Ford and out of nowhere comes Jimmy Johnson.  It was good to see someone I knew.

As I came around the final turn, going down the hill and approaching the finish line, I saw my biggest fan.  Lillie was cheering the other runners.  When I got closer she started yelling, "Daddy!! Daddy!!"  When it was all said and done, I finished in 2:29:33.  That's an 11:25 pace.  I was so proud because I thought I'd finish around 2:40.

I want to back up now to Friday.  My diet wasn't the best but it was so good!  When we are near an Olive Garden, I have to carry the wife there sometime during out visit.  We decided to eat lunch there on Friday.  I had just spaghetti with meatballs and it was really good.  It wasn't too much and not too little.

My supper was really bad but tasted so good.  Five Guys was just across the street from our hotel.  I walked across that street and brought back some burgers.  This was only the second time that I had eaten at a Five Guy.  The first time I didn't know that a regular burger has two patties on it.  I had a Little Bacon Cheeseburger with mustard and lettuce and some fries.  I know it wasn't the best choice for supper on the day before a half marathon but it was worth it.

My other runs this week were on Wednesday, 9 miles, and Sunday morning, 5 miles.

That's going to do me for this week.  Thanks for stopping and I'm looking forward to running my second half in just under two weeks down in Tupelo.

No comments:

Post a Comment