Google+

Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm Thankful for...

Since Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, I thought I would share with you what I'm thankful for.  The first thing that I'm thankful for is that ability to run.  I was told a long time ago by my friend, Joy, that running is a gift.  She is so right! I know people that can't run for all sorts of reasons.  When I hear of another runner that can't run because of injury, I'm thankful that I'm not injured.

Speaking of injuries, I'm also thankful that I have been injury free for the last year.  Last November I was running and twisted my ankle and was unable to run for two or three weeks.  Although I hit the gym during that time to use the stationary bike, it just wasn't the same as being outside to run.

I'm also thankful for the many people that running has brought into my life.  I could try to name them all but I'm sure I would leave someone out because some I see more often than others.  They have all continued to provide me with motivation and encouragement.  Since I "joined the group" back in June, I feel that my running has greatly improved and the friendships I have built are the best.

This past week I was on a self imposed rest period.  Even before running the half down in Tupelo, I felt that is was time for a rest.  I was going to go back to running this past Saturday but I didn't get to run because I was still on the road at the time.  I got up Sunday morning and went out for a nice run.  It wasn't as long as I had planned because after the first 6 miles or so I started having pain in both knees.  I stopped running at 8.25 miles and walked the rest of the way home because I couldn't run without having lots of pain.  I'm sure the pain was caused from worn out shoes.  Thankfully I have still have the new ones that I bough back in August.

Thank you for stopping by this week!  What do you think about the new design?  Your comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment