Google+

Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Hills Are My Friend

After thinking that last Sunday was going to be the last do for me to run during October, I got to run on the 31st.  I got to run just over 10 miles on a route that wasn't so runner friendly.  Tupelo's Ballard Park is a great place to run but when you have to get there too.  I had to leave my car keys at the house so I couldn't drive.  I ended up running down there, about 3.5 miles, and made a round and then back.  It was a nice day for a run too.

On Saturday, I went out to 350 to give the hills my best.  It had been a while since I last ran on 350 and the hills kick my butt.  As Jeff and I were running, we were talking about how much I hate the hills but I do realize that they are my friend.  After finally making it to the water stop, we decided to go up the ridge road where it is a little easier to run.  We went all the way around and came back out on 350.  On the return trip back to the car is where the hills really got to me.  The first 11 were really good but the last four weren't so good.  It was still a great 15 miler.

Next weekend I will be running the Shakerag Half Marathon along with some of my friends from the Lunatic Fringe group.  We will have to see if I can run it as fast as I did the Life Without Limits Half.

Thanks for stopping and if you haven't already, please checkout the RoadID link at the top of the page. I wear one of these every time I go out and run.  Wouldn't leave home without it.  If you ever have an emergency, it could very well help save your life.  See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment