Google+

Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanks for the Idea

I had a busy week this last week but still managed to get in 25 miles.  My schedule got me home on Thursday morning and I went for a run that afternoon and then two more runs on Saturday and Sunday.  My runs were 7, 12, and 6.2.  I didn't have any problem with my knee during any of the runs.

This past Saturday was the big event up in Memphis.  I'm talking about the St Jude Marathon, Half, and 5K.  I didn't know anyone that was running the 5K but a bunch from Corinth and the surrounding area ran either the full or half marathon.  If you ran this race, whether you know me personally or not, I want to say congratulations.  As I read some of the stories from local runners, it made me want to be there.  I can't wait until next year.

While I was out on my Sunday morning run, I ran into Jenni.  I was on my way back in so she turned around and joined me.  We talked a little about our plans for running a marathon.  She said that she was hoping to do one next year.  She asked me about my plans and I told her that I didn't think I could really prepare on two and three days a week.  I also that since I was on the road a lot that it was sometimes hard to find somewhere to run.  She then put an idea in my head.

Most major cities do have running clubs.  She suggested that if I knew far enough in advance that I could seek out those clubs and they could possibly offer suggestions on where to run and where I could get a shower.  I had never thought about that before!  If I'm not familiar with the area then I'm kind of scared to go off alone.  Although I carry pepper spray with me, you still have to get close enough to use it.  Thanks Jenni for the suggestion and I hope that it helps some of my readers too.

That's going to do me for this week.  Thanks for stopping and hope to see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment