Google+

Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Do You Like "The Biggest Loser"?


What an exciting time of year!!!  It starts out being so cold and this past weekend it was over 70 degrees.  My understanding is that it is supposed to cool down a lot over the next few days again.  I'm just so glad that I'm finally over whatever it was that I had and I can actually breathe while I’m running.
My first run of the year wasn’t until January 5 and I was so glad to have it in the book. I ran for an hour that day and then ran 50 minutes on Sunday. Although it wasn’t the distance that I had hoped for I did manage to get in 9.4 miles over those two days.

This past weekend I did things a little different that I normally do them. I got home Friday afternoon and since it was supposed to rain on Saturday morning, I decided that I was going to run on Friday after noon. I headed out on the Coke course and ended up with 6.3 miles at an 11:18 pace. I can tell that I’m getting faster because the effort isn’t as great at this pace as it used to be. I had fueled properly all day and I was ready for the late afternoon run. By the time a returned home it was dark and I was ready to eat.

One Saturday the rain cleared off for a little while in the afternoon and I decided to get in some more miles. I then ran 8.5 miles at a slow pace of 12:09. The temperature had warmed up to about 71 degrees and it was so humid. Although I suffered during the entire run, I was glad that I had gotten the miles in.  I ended my week with 14.8 miles and already ran as many miles this January as I did last January.
One of the shows that I like to watch on television is The Biggest Loser. I returned this past week and I got to see the first episode and it really motivated me. I remember a time that I could have been in the same position as any of those people on the show and how what I’ve done over the last two years has changed my life.

I was talking with some one this past week about The Biggest Loser and she told me that she didn’t watch it. I asked, “Why?”

“It doesn’t motivate me at all. If anything, it discourages me,” she said.

I can understand where she is coming from. It is unrealistic for someone to lose that much weight in a week. Besides, who has the time to workout most of the day to get the results that they get on the show? The one thing that I’d like to see more on the show is how they prepare food. What kinds of foods they eat and things like that. We all know that exercise alone won’t get the job done.
Does The Biggest Loser motivate you? Please leave your comments below.

Thanks for stopping by this week.

1 comment:

  1. I do enjoy it. It motivated me on my weight loss journey. Watching them overcome the truly difficult struggle losing the weight and emotional/psychological baggage that got them there. I would also love to see more of the food side as well. Team Dolvett. J Narron

    ReplyDelete