Google+

Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Don't Stop Believing

 Screen shot of my Garmin after
my run on 350 Saturday
I know I've said this the last few weeks but this was another one of those very busy weeks.  I got to run three times in two days.  Two runs on Saturday and one run on Sunday.

First let me tell you about my first run on Saturday.  I went out and met the Lunatics out on 350 and ran my best pace ever out there.  I enjoyed every single mile of it and ended up with 10 miles at an 11:16 pace.  I couldn't have been more proud of myself.

My second run for Saturday was a 5 miler with another group.  We ran the Coke course and it wasn't as pleasant as the first run.  I had set out some water just past the 5K mark after I ran 350 so we would have some hydration.  Jeff and I had made arrangements that he would pick the water back up after he finished running.  The send me a text a little while later telling me that someone had stolen our water unless I had picked it up.  I hadn't.  I just can't believe that someone would steal nine bottles of water just because.  What is wrong with people nowadays that they would steal less than three dollars worth of water?

Sunday I decided to hit the track.  I ended up with 4 miles at a 10:50 pace.  I don't go to the track as much as I should but will be going back pretty soon.  I didn't go Sunday for the purpose of doing speed work.  I just went to get in a run and wanted to take the family.  As I rounded the track for the second time and was approaching my little daughter, Lillie, she was cheering me with "Yay, Daddy!"  That put a big smile on my face.

Lately I have been thinking about the people that might have thought that I could do what I've done.  I know some people thought I'd quit after just a couple months or so.  Here it is almost 28 months later and I'm still at it.  I know I had a lot more people that believed in me than didn't.  Those people are the ones that encouraged me and kept on motivating me to go faster and longer.  Those are the kind of people that I want to be around.  I will be forever grateful to those that believed in me when I started on this journey.  Little did I know that it would turn out this way.  There will be some that will think the same thing about you as they did me but you can seek out people that will encourage you and tell you how well you are doing.  Even a little faster pace to me is great or if you go just a little farther than you did last week.  Seek those people out and then you can "show" those naysayers that you are in this for the long haul.

Thanks for stopping by this week and I hope to see you again next week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment