Google+

Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What Would You Do?

If you have been reading this blog for a while, then you know that I get ideas for my post just about everywhere.  Sometimes they come to me while running and sometimes while just reading or just thinking about what I'm going to write about.  This weeks idea comes from my friend, Joanna.  She posted on FaceBook that someone ask her what she would do if the doctor said you couldn't run anymore.  She said, "It will be okay.  Running is not a life or death for me.  I'll just do something else." I got to thinking about that and here is my take on the subject.

Not long after I met Joy on FaceBook, I asked her advice on something and she told me that she believed that running was a gift.  I have come to believe the same thing because not everyone can run.  Most people can walk but not all can run.  What if I couldn't run anymore?  It would be hard for me not to run but I think I could find other things to stay fit.

One of those would be to bike.  I've been told to stick with running because it was safer but biking would be the first thing that I'd go to if I couldn't run.  What would be your go to thing to stay fit if you couldn't run?  Please leave your comments below.

I can't believe that January is already over and a new month has already started.  I started the month off with a 9 mile run late Friday morning.  It was a great run but my knee has started to hurt again.  I have narrowed the problem down to the Asics that I bought back in August.  I wore the Saucony shoes the weekend before and didn't have any pain at all.  On Sunday, when I wore the Asics, my knee was beginning to hurt but was much better by Friday.  I really had't thought about the shoes making my knee hurt until I wore them again Friday morning and it started to hurt again.  For now, I'm going to stick with the Saucony shoes and get a new pair soon.

I ended the week with just the 9 miles but I'll get back into the groove before long and be ready for my upcoming half.

Thanks for stopping and hope to see you again next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'd definitely take up swimming. Great cardio. Low impact. Total body muscle conditioning. Cone to think of it I'm doing that this spring/summer. J Narron

    ReplyDelete