Google+

Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Running the Greenway Passage

This last week has been a busy week but I managed to sneak in three runs for the week for a total of 20 miles.  My first run was on Wednesday morning in Evansville, IN.  I was near a park and got up early so I could walk the half mile down to the park and get a nice run in.  While I was making loops around the park, I was meeting a lady every so often.  The second time she gave me a thumbs up.  The third time I saw her she was coming from a different area than I was running so I decided to go the way she was coming from.  I saw an asphalt trail and was looking at the sign with the map and trying to figure out where I was on it.  An older gentleman came walking by and I asked him about the trail.  He told me it was 6-8 miles down to the river but I told him that was too far.  We chatted for a few minutes and I found out his name was Don.  I found out that the name of the trail was called The Greenway Passage.  I headed out and ran about two and a half mile out and then back.  It was so pretty.  I took the two pictures in this post on the passage.  I ended my run with a total of 7.75 miles.

My next run was the next morning.  I was home and went out and got in another 4.25 miles and called it quits.  Since I was going to a baseball game on Saturday, I decided to get up early and run on Hwy 350 with Jeff.  This was also the weekend of the Gum Tree 10K down in Tupelo but I didn't have time to run the race and make it to the ballgame too.  Jeff and I ended up running 8 miles and my legs were tired!  It was a good run though.

If you don't already know, I am auctioning off a 2013 Coke 10K race shirt.  It is size X Large.  I was donated to me by my good friend, Rob Williams.  I am auctioning off this shirt for St Jude.  You can click on the tab at the top of this page for details on how to place a bid.  Since I am "conducting" this auction myself, I won't have any fees to pay to Ebay and the entire amount will go towards my fundraising effort for St Jude.

That's something that I forgot to mention last week.  I am running the St Jude Half Marathon on December 7th and I am so excited!  I really don't know what to expect but I do know what others that have ran it have told me.  It's obviously a feeling that you have to experience.  Of course, I will tell you all about it afterwards.  If you would like to make a donation to St Jude and help me out please click here and you will be taken to my personal fundraising site.

That's going to do me for this week.  Thanks for stopping by and if you'd like to have that race shirt, be sure to get in your bid soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment