Google+

Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Milestones Reached

Yesterday I reached two important milestones in my journey. Before I share those I’d like to tell you about my run this past Sunday morning. I got up around 7:00am and ate a bowl of cereal and let it settle for a few minutes. I found that it doesn’t take me long to get ready to run after I eat a little something. The temperature was 28 degrees and I knew that I’d need to get bundled up to run outside. I was tired of running on that dreadmill and really needed some outside time.

I went to the local track and warmed up for about three or four minutes and then started my run. I finally got just over 3 miles in and then spent another three minutes cooling down. I put on a dri-fit long sleeve shirt and a running jacket and a pair of sweat pants. Also had on my toboggan and gloves. Right after I got the first mile in I had to pull the gloves off because I was burning up. After my run I posted on Facebook that the 28 degrees kicked my butt and it did!!!


Now to my milestones that I have reached. First, I reached the 50 mile mark for the month. This is the farthest that I’ve run in a calendar month. My total for the month stands at 50.8 miles and I will add on a few more this weekend, hopefully.

I have finally reached a total of 30 pounds too!!! I got on the scale this morning and was down another 2 pounds since last week and that makes my total 30.4 pounds. I only have 21 more to go!

One thing that I did fail to mention last time was that I was approaching 25,000 calories burned from exercise. As of today, I have burned a total of 26,041 calories according to RunKeeper. Those numbers are going up pretty fast. I use RunKeeper to provide me with the number of calories I’ve burned and also my total mileage for all of my activities, not just my running. My running miles are to the right and include only miles that I actually spend on my feet.

Thanks for stopping today and will see you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Jeremy! Keep up the great work, it is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob! That's the very reason I'm putting my journey on this blog. I'm hoping it will inspire others.

    ReplyDelete