Google+

Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting Butterflies

By the time you read this, my first official race will be less than 53 days away and I am getting more nervous as the time approaches. I am confident that if was tomorrow, I would be prepared physically but how do you prepare mentally for something like this? Since this is my first race I really don't know what to expect. I've never even walked in any kind race. I'm just going to go out there and do my best and remind myself what I have spent the last six months training for this day. If you have ran any races and would like to share some tips please feel free to leave them in the comments below. I'd like to read your take on it.

The past week was very busy for me and the icy weather didn't help much either. I ended up going to the gym on Thursday and Friday but had a great outdoor run on Saturday. Since I didn't have much time I only got 2 miles in but I did those at my fastest pace. I knocked those 2 miles out in 22:55.

More good news from the scales this week too. Another 3 pounds down so that makes my total of 36 pounds lost in four months. That only 9 pounds a month so that is just about right. Not too fast and gives me a better chance of keeping it off in the future. I don't think that I've revealed here in my blog how much I weighed but I have lost 14.9% of my body weight. You'll have to do the math.

Next weeks post will be delayed because I have a doctor's appointment on Monday morning. It's nothing serious at all. Just a little blood work and having my A1C checked to see how my sugar is doing. Hoping to get a great report.

That's going to do me again for this week. Thanks for dropping by and hope you will share your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment