Google+

Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Indoors or Outdoors?

Since most of January was really cold and I didn’t want to get out in the cold and run I went to the gym most of the time. A couple of times I did bundle up and run outside but for the most part it was at the gym where I worked out. Now that the weather in my neck of the woods has warmed up, for now anyway, I have been doing my running outdoors. I like being outside much better than the inside because of the fresh air. I also don’t wear earphones while running outside either. I like hearing the sounds of nature.

Last Friday I was waiting on my trailer to be loaded so I decided to get dressed and run for a little while. The route I chose was about 4.75 miles long and it was also a hard 4.75 miles. I didn’t enjoy it at all. On Saturday afternoon I went for another long run and enjoyed every minute of it. I ended up with only 4.42 miles because it was getting dark and my wife picked me up. We had some things that needed to get done.

One thing that I have decided about running outside and running on a treadmill is that they are not the same. I can easily run five or six miles on the treadmill but doing the same thing on the road takes a lot more effort. There is a big debate about the treadmill and if you get the same workout but I only going on personal experience. I’m still in training for the Coke 10K that is coming up on May 7th and I’m in week 7 of 17. I’m still running the 5K in April too.

I really don’t want to write this part of my post this week because it isn’t good. I did weigh this past weekend as normal. I didn’t see the change that I wanted but it is my fault. I gained 1.6 pounds last week. I’m not going to let that discourage me though because I’m still at 34.4 pounds lost and that is a big accomplishment within itself. I might could account for a fraction of the weight gain but I really don’t know what happened. I did make some poor food choices during the week but am doing better this week. The Lose It! app has me down to 1667 calories a day as of writing and some days I don’t feel that is enough calories. When I first started I was able to eat 1903 calories and wasn’t eating my exercise calories. Now that I’m down over 250 calories I’m eating a lot of those exercise calories.

That’s going to do it for me for this week. Have a great rest of the week and I’ll see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment