Google+

Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Apologies to Steve

Saturday was a very busy day for my family because that was the day that we moved. After we finished I went to Austin’s Shoes and was looking around for some new shoes that I would wear everyday. My old shoes were worn out so it was time for a new pair. I decided on a pair of New Balance and really like them. I am hoping to go to Memphis next weekend to get those new running shoes that I was going to get a couple of weeks ago.

While looking around Austin’s Shoes I had a short conversation with Steve. Not sure if he was the owner or manager but we had a good conversation. He showed me some different shoes and we talked a little about weight loss. He told me about two things that you should do after losing weight. I can only remember one of them and will share it with you today. He said that best thing to do when you lose weight, especially if you’re a guy, is to get rid of your old clothes as they get too big. He told me that guys tend not to get back on the scale and when they start gaining weight their clothes don’t let them know that they are gaining. When you have smaller clothes and start gaining weight you do notice. Beside, guys are cheap and have a hard time of letting go of old clothes. Thanks Steve for the tips even though I forgot one of them

This week I also reached the 100 mile mark for the year. This was much faster than the first 100 miles that I walked.

As of this past Friday night I am official entered into the 5K in Jackson and the 10K in Corinth. Even though I had not entered yet but have been talking about it for a while, I had toldenough people who were holding me accountable to run in these races.

Remember that pound and a half that I had gained last week? One of them is gone and is not welcome back. That’s still a total loss of 35.4 pounds and I’m alright with that.

Thanks again for stopping and hope to see you here again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment