Google+

Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Feel the Pain

Even though this past week was a slow week, I only got in about 10 miles. The main reason was some pain in my leg. I have been running at the city park for the last couple of weeks and believe that might be where my pain is coming from. It has some sharp turns on the track and I think that when I’m planting my foot that I’m twisting my knee just a little and it is building up over time. So for the foreseeable future I will be running on the treadmill or taking another route.

When I sat down to write this I didn’t really have anything that I wanted to talk about but I guess I do now. As I said above, I was having some pain in my leg and I stopped running that day. I had only ran a mile and a half. I did what I thought would be best. There is a difference between an injury pain and the pain that you feel just because you are working your muscles. What I felt was an injury pain.

I did run a little over six miles total on Saturday and Sunday at the gym and didn’t have that pain that I was feeling at the park. I have already planned me out another route that I can safely run during the day around town and will see how that works out.

I’m still a little nervous about my first 5K that is coming up in less than two weeks. I’m excited at the same time. Going to be fun before, during, and after the race!

Last week I told you that I had not gained or lost any weight. I did something different this past week and that was increase my calories a little and it did the trick. I am down another two pounds for a total of 39.8 pounds! It has taken me over five months but it has been worth it.

Thanks for stopping by this week and I’ll see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment