Google+

Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What Are You Eating?

I may have covered this in a previous post but I’m going to touch on it again. I’ve had a couple of people ask me the last couple of weeks what I was eating. My answer to them is always, “Anything that I want.” The only thing that I have cut entirely out of my diet is beef and that was a personal decision. I didn’t take it out of a diet book.

I do eat anything that I want. I just can’t eat a really big portion of it. I love those chicken wings they have at Wendy’s and will eat them once in a while. The same thing goes for most fast food items but if that is what I want then I just go ahead and eat it.

Some of the other healthy things that I eat are Kashi chewy granola bars, soft-baked cookies, and cereal bars. The cookie and cereal bars are hard to find in my area so I mostly just eat the granola bars for a snack. If it has been a while since I have eaten, I will eat one of them pre-workout and that seems to be enough.

I did set a personal record again this past week. This past Sunday I ran for 1 hour 30 minutes. That is the longest I have even been able to run and will probably be my PR for a while. During that time I ran a total of 7.79 miles which is a distance PR for me. I got up and ate a cup of Special K fruit and yogurt with 3/4 cup of skim milk. That gave me the energy to complete my run that morning. I really thought an hour and a half was a long time but when I hit the one hour mark I knew I was going to make it. I enjoyed my run and am looking forward to doing it again in the near future.

I was a little disappointed with the scales this week because I didn’t gain or lose any weight over the last week. I’m still trying to get down below that 200 pound mark before April 9th. I still have plenty of time and know I can do it.

Thanks for reading this weeks post and if you haven’t read them please go back and start at the beginning. This has been a long journey for me and I’m not quitting now. I’m just going to keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment