Google+

Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Great Buying Experience

This past Saturday we finally got to make a trip to Memphis to visit some of my kin and also to visit one of the running stores there. I chose to go to Fleet Feet Sports instead of Breakaway Running. I really don’t have a reason why but I did enjoy my experience there.

It was kind of busy when we got there and I had to wait a few minutes but after that I got total attention from one of the staff. I think his name was Ben. He first measured my foot and got me a pair of test shoes. I ran on the treadmill for about 30 seconds or so while the camera was rolling. He showed me how my foot was coming down on the ground and also what happens when I carried my body weight over my foot. My right foot was staying inline but my left was turning out just a little. He then went and got me three pairs the try.

The first ones were Brooks. I ran a little in the breezeway and they felt good. Next were the Saucony pair. They felt better than the Brooks. Lastly, I tried a pair of New Balance. I could tell within the first few steps that they weren’t going to work for me. I ended up getting the Saucony and really like them.

I took my new shoes out for a run Sunday evening at the city park and got 3.1 miles in until my feet started to hurt a little so I quit. Monday morning I got up and went to the gym and ran another 3.1 miles on the treadmill and I was really surprised at what a difference a shoe can make. I did run my fastest 5K that morning. I know it wasn’t because my shoes were running faster but because I was running faster. The new shoes are so much lighter than the shoes that I’ve been wearing.

The scales were good to me this week too. I lost another 2.4 pounds which brings my total down to 37.8 pounds in just under five months. I’m not going to reach my goal before April 9th but I will be under 200 pounds by then. My weight loss has slowed a bit but it’s still coming off and that is all that matters. I did increase my calorie intake a little because I didn’t feel like I was getting enough food at the calories Lose It! was budgeting for me. I only increased it about 100-200 calories for a two or three days last week and that must have been enough to get my metabolism jump started again.

That’s going to do me again for this week. I know I’m a day late but I’ve had a busy schedule and even got an extra day off work this past weekend too. Take care and have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment