Google+

Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Time & Motivation

A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with a person and they asked me two questions that I want to talk about today. I have covered these topics before back in January but I don’t think it will hurt to cover them again.

The two questions were where do you find the time and how do you stay motivated? The answers are real simple. To find the time I have to give up something. For me that is either television time or computer time. If you have time to sit down and watch a 30 minute program then you have time to exercise. As I pointed out in my post back in the first of the year, I don’t make excuses. I face the same challenges as everybody else. I don’t have any more time than anyone else. We all have to same 24 hours and we just have to find out where exercise comes in our priorities. If it’s something that you really want you will find the time.

Staying motivated is hard. Over the last month or so I have seen very little weight loss and for some that can be frustrating. It is for me some weeks. Knowing that I did everything that I could to lose it and it’s not coming off. The main thing for me right now though is that what I have lost is staying off. My current goal is to lose the remaining 10 pounds of my original goal and keep it off. If it take me another six months to get it off then so be it.

This past Friday I came in and went out to run but the two miles were bad. I got a good nights sleep and went out Saturday morning and ran an easy 6.22 miles and it felt great. I ended the month of April with a total of 60.1 miles and that is the most I’ve ever ran in a month.

I’m really looking forward to this weekend and spending the afternoon with family and friends. My next race is already on the blog and will be in Tupelo on June 4th. It’s the “Running with the King” 5K. They serve peanut butter and bananna sandwiches afterwards. Rob will be running this one with me. He’s committed because he is already signed up for it.

Still no loss or gain this week. This is getting kind of old but I know it will come off eventually. I’ve just got to be patient.

Thanks for stopping by again this week and will see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment