Google+

Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Reaching Another Milestone

Last week didn’t go as well as I had hoped. I ended up with only 7.5 miles and the during the last one I was miserable. It was this past Sunday morning and I had went to the park. Not many people were there and I put my earphones in and went on about my run. I ran a half mile and then stretched. I thought that would make my legs feel better. It did for a little while but after that first mile and a half I was hurting pretty bad. It was a pain that I was hurt but just an ache. I decided to call it quits after two and a half. Although it wasn’t a good run, I know there will be times when I will have bad ones. I also know that my good runs have far out numbered my bad ones. I will just go ahead and look forward and hopefully forget about this one.

I failed to mention in last weeks post that I had hit another milestone. When I first started this journey last October, I never would have imagined that I would ever hit that 500 mile mark in less than a year. I actually reached 500 miles in less than eleven months. Monday of last week when I went out and ran that five miles I actually reached over 500 miles. I don’t say this to brag but to motivate you. A year ago I couldn’t even walk a half mile without my calves hurting really bad. Now I can run that distant without even thinking about it and it feels good!

If running isn’t something that you want to do but you’d rather ride a bike. Start today! It will hurt at first but as your progress and get stronger then it will get easier. As you push your body to go farther, it will respond and get stronger. You don’t have to set out to run a 5K or 10K right off the bat. In fact, that would probably do more harm than good. Set a goal and work towards it. If you don’t set a goal, you won’t know when you have reached whatever you are trying to accomplish.

That’s going to do me for this week. Thanks for stopping by and I will see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment