Google+

Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not trying to make excuses but...

I have waited too long to write this post but I was really busy last week and just didn't get a chance to sit down and write anything. I know I use that as an excuse just about every time that I do write but it's the truth. I don't let my busy schedule keep me from working out though. I do have to cut down on my mileage but I still get some good quality time in on my feet.

I did set another PR on August 27th. I set out to run my farthest distance and I did! I ran 8 miles and it felt great to get it behind me. I haven't been able to do a long run since then but will this week and it will be just as long. I did the 8 miles in just over an hour and 46 minutes, which is a 13:16 pace. Not fast but I'm still proud.

I guess I'm going to have to start eating better because I just can't seem to get these last few pounds off. I'm not going to give up but at the same time I do know that I have gained muscle in the process too. I'll gain a couple of pounds and then I will lose it. This could be from water retention too.

This past Sunday, I went to the park and ran 5K and did it faster than I have a in long time. My times have really sucked since the hot weather got here and I have gotten a little lazy by not pushing my body beyond what it was used to doing. I know that is one of the things you have to do in order to get faster and I'm committed to doing that now that the cooler weather looks like it is about here. I don't want to say too much because then it will get hot as the blazes again.

On Labor Day I decided to hit the gym since it was raining out and ran 3.5 miles at an 11:09 pace. Of course it's always easier to run faster on the treadmill since it does some of the work for you. I have still come a long way since I first used a treadmill back in December.

Thanks for stopping by this week and hopefully I'll see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment