Google+

Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

My First 1/2

This past Monday, I registered for my first half marathon. It's not until October 27 but I still wanted to go ahead and get committed to doing it.
Since my last entry, I have accomplished so much with the help of a bunch of my running friends. I ran the half marathon distance for the first time on June 2 and followed that up with 10, 9, and 7 miles on each of the following Saturdays.

With my next run I will have reached the 1,000 mile mark and for me that is a big accomplishment. I would've never thought that when I set out on this journey twenty-one months ago that I'd make it this far.

I will continue to update this blog during my training and hopefully give you some encouragement and motivation at the same time. Thanks for dropping by and I'll see you here again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment