Google+

Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Not Letting Them Have All the Fun

I had another great week of running but because I was working only got three days of running. I decided to go to the track Thursday morning to pass the 1000 mile mark and got in only a 5K.

I had decided I was going to do my long run on the track Saturday morning to but the more I thought about it, the more I kept saying to myself, "I can't let them have all the fun out there on 350.".

That is where I ultimately ended up and we had a crowd! We started at 6 am and I ran 8 in 1:33:14.

Finally, Jeff and I ran just shy of 6 miles on Sunday morning and I think both of us decided before we finished that we probably should have waited and rested a little more.

I posted this on Facebook earlier but wanted to share it here too:

"We run, not because we think it is doing us good, but because we enjoy it and cannot help ourselves."

-Roger Bannister

No comments:

Post a Comment