Google+

Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Get Out & Earn It

Last week was certainly a busy one, I only had time for two runs but they added up to over 16 miles. I got in a nice recovery run Monday morning of 6.2 miles and then I ran with the group on Saturday out on Highway 350. Jeff wasn't able to make it but Jamie did. It wasn't raining when we first started but it wasn't long that the weather made us think that we were going to have to run in the rain. The rain was light and would have been welcome but it decided to wait until later in the morning.
After stopping at the water stop, we went and took on the first big hill and then turned around at 5 miles. When we got back to the water stopped, I decided to try and dry my shirt a little. I was really just eying to make it just "less wet". I took it off and squeezed a lot of sweat out of it. I don't know how much sweat I got out but you could see it.

We finally made it back to the starting point and had in our 10 miles. It was a great run and I enjoyed seeing all the other runners too. After finishing, I took my shirt off again and squeezed even more sweat out of my shirt. The humidity was worse then than it was the week before.

One of the benefits of running is, of course, a healthier body. I found a web site a few months ago that lets your earn rewards for doing activities. You can't just out your workout into the site and them give you points. It got to be verified with a GPS. You can link several other sites to your account and earn the points that way. The name of the site is earndit.com. I use my RunKeeper account to get my points. You can earn as many as 60 points a day and you can get that by running or walking 6 miles. Anything over that and you still get 60 points. Points can be redeemed for a variety of things like so much off on your order or entries into drawings. Most are for energy bars and things that athletes would buy but there are some for like casual clothes and such.

Thanks for stopping by this week and hope you will come back next week. I'll be telling you about another web site that is similar to RunKeeper but might be better. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment