Google+

Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Soaking Wet Humidity

This past week was the easiest I've had in a while.  I went to the gym on Tuesday and it reminded me of why I don't like the treadmill.  I guess I need that reminder every once in a while.

I ended my running week on Saturday so I can take Sunday off and then run again this morning.  I ran again with the group out on Highway 350.  Jeff was getting some speed work in too and was going to run the first 4 at a faster pace and then we'd finish the rest of our run.  Turns out that he had a blowout on his sandals.  He tried to fix them with a can tab but I don't think that worked out very well.  I ran on out to 5 miles and then back.  Enjoyed the whole 10 miles and was soaking wet by the end because it was so humid.

I looked back over my logs from last July and it surprises me how far I've come in twelve short months.  My average long run back then was 4-5 miles and now that is usually my minimal distance.  When I started this journey almost two years ago, I never thought I'd be running 10 miles.

I do most of my running in the morning and have a hard time getting into it during the afternoon.  My next race is the Nightcrawler down in Tupelo on July 27th.  This race starts at 8pm and it will be the latest that I've ever ran.  Do any of you have any tips on how to fuel for a late run like this?

Thanks for stopping by this week and I hope you'll visit  again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment