Google+

Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Goal for 2013

I had a really good week running this past week.  I went out early on Monday for just a normal 10K and ended up with my fastest time and also negative splits.  It wasn't something I was trying to do but it just happened.  When I returned home and looked at the splits I was surprised and proud of myself at the same time.

Saturday I joined my friends, the Lunatic Fringe, on Hwy 350 and had planned just 10 miles but then decided to make it 12.  I felt really good until about mile 10 when that same knee began to hurt.  I ended up running just ten and a half and walked the balance of the 12.  I didn't have much of a choice really.

I mentioned on my Facebook Page that I was going to write about one of my goals for 2013.  I have decided that I am going to try a new fruit and vegetable every month.  I normally eat the same things all the time so I thought this would make it a little more interesting.  My first fruit will be grapefruit.  I have never eaten a grapefruit before but love ruby red grapefruit juice.  I don't normally drink juice much anymore because of the calories but when I do I drink 100% juice.  Not sure what my first veggie will be but I will write about it later.  During 2012 I tried three new fruits and one of those I didn't like.  I tried dates, strawberries, and raspberries.

The way I am going to decided on the new items will require a little research.  I will pick things that are in season and will be easy to find during that time of year.  I will also look into how to make a healthy dish from them if I can't eat them raw.

Thanks for stopping and I hope that each of you have a Merry Christmas.  I'll see you one more time before the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment