Google+

Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Some of My Favorites

Since this will be one of my last post for 2012, I want to recap some of my favorite moments and races this year. You maybe asking, "You have moments?" Of course, I do. There are times during my training that really stick out and I won't forget them.

2012 Coke 10K

This was my first big event of the year and it was a hot one! The weather just hadn't been very warm but it warmed up plenty for this race. I was totally miserable through almost the entire run. I ended up running it a lot slower than I did the year before but I made up for it the next weekend.

2012 Gum Tree 10K

This race was the weekend after the Coke 10K and the weather was much cooler. I was really hoping to PR but missed it by 9 seconds. I saw some one I knew and took a minute or so to talk to them and that might have been the reason I missed it. Of the 5K & 10K events that I ran, I would have to say that this was my favorite.

Helen Keller 5 Miler

This event was near the end of June during the Helen Keller Festival in Sheffield, AL. The heat was turned up a notch or two but it was a really great event. I wore my iPhone on my arm so I didn't get to take advantage of the many times that water was being sprayed out over the road to help cool the runners. I felt that TRAC had provided plenty of water on the course. If I can, I will be running this event again in 2013.

June 2nd

This wasn't an event but one of "those moments". This was the first time I ran on Hwy 350 and I didn't know what I was getting into. I had never ran more that 9.75 miles before and wanted to get in more miles. After my friends and I got to the 5 mile point, they let me decide if I wanted to try for 13.1. I still felt good so I said, "Yeah!" I probably should have just went for 10 or 11 but I did make it to the half marathon distance that day. When I finished, Jeff was there ready to take my picture.

Since all four of these times, I have pretty much written about all of the other events that I've ran in. My favorite event of 2012 had to be the Life Without Limits Half. It was so good to see the pictures of those kids on those big boards at each mile. Although it was only a picture, as I read each board, I could hear a kids voice saying what was on the board.

I did get in some miles this past week. I ran 7 on Thursday and 10.5 on Saturday. I had 15 planned for Saturday but had to cut it short because of some knee pain. I'm not taking any chances. I went to the gym Sunday evening and was reminded why I love being outside and being able to tolerate whatever temperature that is thrown at me.

Thanks for stopping and I will see you again later next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment