Google+

Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas and New Running Gear

As it has been all fall, the weather has been crazy this week.  You can't tell what you need to wear until you start to get ready for your run.  Jeff and I wear going to  go for a run on Christmas Eve morning but it had to be postponed.  Christmas Eve 2011 was the first time that Jeff and I had even met each other in person and we had a nice run early that morning.  This year, I got up at 5:30 and looked outside to see what I needed to wear and the rain was coming down pretty good.  I texted Jeff and we decided that we would try to sneak in a run on Christmas Day.

After I went back to bed and the rain had stopped, I put on a pair of shorts and a short sleeve shirt and went on our for a nice 7 miler and the humidity was bad.  I was really proud of myself for running it at an 11:14 pace.  Last Christmas Eve I had ran 6.25 miles at an 11:38 pace.  Not a really big improvement but still faster.  At the time, I was only running 5-6 miles at a time and couldn't even imagine running 10 miles.

I got a nice running suit from my family this year.  I had no running pants and just a couple of long sleeve running shirts.  I got a nice pair of Nike running pants that don't fit tight around the legs but still tight enough to draw the sweat away from my skin and keep me warm.  I also go an Asics long sleeve shirt.  I have had my eye on this one for a while but just couldn't bring myself to let go of the money.  I'm glad that I received it as a Christmas gift.
Christmas Day I went out before the rain got here and tried out the new pants and shirt.  I love both of them.  I really wasn't worried about the distance that I was going to get but wanted to get in an hour of exercise because I knew that I was going to another family gathering that afternoon.  In that hour I got in 5.24 miles and it was a lot cooler than it was the day before.

Next Monday I will share with you about the rest of my running week and also some interesting facts about my runs this past year.  I'm a numbers guy, like Jeff, and I will share those numbers with you.  Thanks for stopping and I will see you again on New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment