Google+

Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tell Me Your Secret

This has been good running week for me!  I got to go by the house on Tuesday morning and decided to get in a quick 5 miles and for me it was quick.  I ran it at a 10:36 pace!  I started out running the first mile at 11:16 and finished my last mile at 9:48.  I couldn't have been more pleased.

I made the decision not to run 350 on Saturday and ran around town instead.  I was still having some knee pain and didn't want to put it through the tough hills of 350.  I ran the first 8 miles with a negative split but mile 9 was 4 seconds slower than mile 8 at 10:32.  I really don't want to talk about the last three miles of my 12 miler because I just got through them.  I ended up with an 11:13 pace.

Saturday afternoon I went to the store and found a new pair of shoes that I thought I'd like.  The are the Saucony Grid Fiya.  I took them out for a run Sunday afternoon because the weather couldn't have been any better for running.  I ran 5 miles at a 10:25 pace and love the shoes.  I almost ran a negative split but mile 4 was 8 seconds longer than mile 3.  My last mile was my fastest at 9:47!

Those three runs put my mileage for the week at 22 and I finally got past 100 for the year.  I'm so looking forward to the rest of the year.

There has been a couple of things that I've been meaning to write about for a couple of weeks now but it has slipped my mind.  You might recall a while back that my Garmin was having problems.  It wouldn't stay charged so for a couple of runs I had to just route my run with MapMyRun and use a stopwatch for the timing.  I finally figured out what was causing the problem.  A couple of weeks ago I had to replace the battery in my footpod and I thought that might have been the problem with the heart rate monitor.  I replaced the battery in it too and I haven't had any problems with the Garmin.  So if your are using a heart rate monitor with your Garmin and it starts to crap out on you then check the battery.

The second thing I wanted to write about was about my new Squidoo lenses.  The first one is a companion to this blog and simply has the same name as this blog.  You can get to it here.  The second one is about how to begin running.  This lens is based on my experiences and what I have done.  I'm no expert but I think I can give some tips to someone just starting out.  I can only do that because of all of the people that have helped me in this journey.  That lens can be found here.  I am working on a third but I don't know when it will be launched.

Now for the funny part of this post.  While I was running on the Coke course this past Sunday I came up on a group of girls walking slowly.  I made my way around them and when I had gotten ahead of them one of them yelled out, "Tell me your secret!"  I kept running.  She said again, "Tell me your secret NOW! How do you get your legs so tan!" I still kept running.  After I was way ahead and couldn't hear them talking anymore, I thought of what I should have told her.  I just thought of it too late.  I should have turned around and said, "I run in shorts all year!"  That was the truth until I got my running pants for Christmas.

That's going to do it for this week and I hope you will stop back by again soon.


1 comment: