Google+

Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

You Will Pass Out First

This has been the busiest time for me all year!  Sometimes I don't even feel like I can sit down to write these post but I do.  I really appreciate you all for stopping by and reading these post, whether it is your first time here or you have read all of the previous 88 post.

I'm sure all of you know about the events that occurred yesterday near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  Some of you even know that I had several friends that were running this event.  I heard about the explosion before it even hit the new wire.  I was worried about my friends.  It was a few hours before I was sure all of them were alright.  I'm thankful that they were!

This past week I was in the Love's truck stop in Jasper, AL, when a driver was paying for his "nasty" fountain drink.  He said something to the cashier about Dr Oz and I told him that I hadn't had a soda in over two years.  You would have thought I had said something offensive to him by the look on his face at first.  We began to talk and I found out that he had been driving for a while and was "in shape" until he started driving.  I shared with him a little of my story and he said to me, "I don't think I could run from here to the fuel island."  I said, "You might not can but you can walk and that's what you need to do.  Park on the back side of the parking lot."  He didn't like that idea.  Then his worst fear was revealed.  He said, "I'm scared if I ran I will die."  I told him, "You'll pass out before you die."  He got a good laugh out of that.  I didn't come up with that but it is the truth.

I did have a really busy week this past week and only go to run two times and one of them was a race up at the beautiful Shiloh Battlefield in Tennessee.  It was called the Rotary Run in the Park.  It is a 4 mile race around a loop in the park and let me tell you, it was great!  I started out a little faster than I should have but still ended up running it at a 9:40 pace for a time of 38:47!  How awesome is that?  That was even faster than my recent 5K.  It was good to see a few of my running buddies there too!

I got up really early Sunday morning because now that it is getting light earlier I want to go ahead and get my run out of the way.  I set out just to get in a run and ended up with a 10k at a 10:52 pace.  Not bad since I had run so hard the day before.  I ended the week with just over 10 miles but will hopefully get to kick it up several notches this week.

Again, thanks for stopping and reading my post today and if you haven't been reading and need some motivation, please go back to the beginning and read my story.  I know if I can do this then anyone can.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy,
    Thanks for sharing the link to your blog. I want to read your whole story at some point......I am going to add you in my links list on my blog.

    About real food and recipes.....I have shared several on my blog. You can just click on the recipe tab. Now I have been blogging for a few years, but have only been cooking with "real food" only for one year. So the recipes prior to April 2012, will include processed ingredients. We try very, very hard to eat as little processed food as possible. We mostly eat plants.

    If you see me at the Coke Race, come up and say hi and tell me who you are.....I am always a little bit distracted at these big events....trying to keep up with all of my children and such, but I would love to say hi to you in person.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete