Google+

Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

The Run That Almost Didn't Happen

Wanted to tell a short little story about my run that almost didn't happen yesterday.  I had to deliver on Wednesday in Jackson, MI, and then go back to Lebanon, IN, to load.  I was to spend the night in Lebanon and load on Thursday morning.  Since I didn't have my pick up information, I was going to get up early and go for a run at a nearby park.

Thursday morning came and my alarm went off.  I said to myself, "This bed feels so good and I'm going to lay here just a few more minutes."  That "few minutes" turned into more minutes and I was using every excuse to not get up and run.  I finally got up.  I ate some cereal and walked over to Burger King to get some coffee.  While I was gone, my dispatcher called.  I returned his call and was told my load had cancelled and he would look for me something else.  I asked if I had about 30 minutes and he said, "Sure."  I told him I was going to go for a run but I would have my phone with me.

I ran on down to the park, which was about a half mile away, and ran four loops and made my way back to the truck.  After an hour I had 5.62 miles in and felt good.

Thanks for stopping by and next week I will have all the news about the Coke 10K.  I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment