Google+

Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Don't Want to Go

I've been struggling over the last couple of weeks with motivation.  I know I have written about motivation several times in this blog and I don't guess it would hurt to write about it again.  I'm just glad that it's not two years ago when I was still doing my running alone.  I would probably just lay in the bed every Saturday morning and tell myself, "I'll get it done a little later."  Later would never come.

I'm so thankful for my running friends around Corinth and also those truckers that are out there getting it done too.  I get to thinking about how hot it is outside and it just takes all of my motivation away.  That is when I have to dig really deep and just get up and get it done.

I have ran a total of 30.1 miles over the last couple of weeks and most of them have been struggles too. Not only have I ran but I have also biked too.  I bought a bike a little over a week ago and love it!  It's not going to replace running but will give me a chance to get some exercise while on the road.  My first ride was on Sunday, July 21, with my running buddy, Steve, and his wife and daughter.  I ended up with almost 11 miles that day but I didn't run that morning either.

I was passing through town on Wednesday and decided I was going to run and bike.  I ran 6 miles and then biked 7.5.  The next morning I didn't think that was such a good idea.  Thankfully I was still able to walk.

This past Saturday, when I got up to go to Hwy 350, I almost just went back to bed.  I had just started my vacation time.  Again, I didn't have the motivation.  I just didn't want to go run.  I laced up my shoes and drove out to our meeting place.  I told Jeff that I really didn't want to run but I was going to do 8 anyway.  By the time I got to the water stop, I was feeling pretty good.  I told Jeff that I wanted to go ahead and go another mile and turn around so I could get 10.  After arriving back at the start, I felt I could have ran more but I had to get a move on so the family and I could head out to our vacation destination.

Are there times when you just can't get motivated and you don't want to get moving?  What makes you get out there anyway?  Please leave your answers down in the comments box.  Thanks for stopping by and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely greatfull to you as you shared this.I am recently developing associate app nose shape that is you would possibly have an interest toseem on that

    ReplyDelete