Google+

Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lift Each Other Up

I know I say it a lot but this past week a little busier than most "busy" weeks.  I was on the road all week but I still managed to get in almost 19 miles for the week.  I even got to run in a state I'd never ran in before.  I got the chance to run Wednesday morning and it was so humid that my clothes were soaked before I even got started good.  I just ran a normal route around town and got in 5.2 miles in an hour.

On Thursday afternoon, I was in Wisconsin and got the chance to run again.  Since I have a cousin that lives in Appleton, I was able to get a shower afterwards too.  I just left from the house and ran down to a trail and proceeded to run a loop a couple of times and then I went a different way and ran though Fox Valley Technical College.  I don't think I ran all of the trail because there were a couple of places I could have turned but decided not to and just went on back toward the house.  The weather was so nice that I did 5.57 miles in an hour.  It was about 77 degrees and no humidity.  I did sweat but not as bad as I had the day before in Mississippi.  While on this run I saw three rabbits and a ground hog.  I also noticed something that I don't normally notice.  It was the smell of wild flowers.  I wished I could have captured the smell and shared it but that's just something that you have to experience for yourself.

I was on the road all day Saturday so I didn't get a chance to run then.  I made up for it a little on Sunday morning when Jeff and I went for what should have been a longer run for me.  When we got to the park, about 2.5 miles, I was ready to quit.  I just wasn't feeling it and didn't want to run.  It did get a little better after while but I ended up with only 8 miles at an 11:30 pace.  As always, I was glad that the miles were in the book when I finished.  During this Sunday morning run, I also reached a milestone for the year.  As of this time last year, I had only ran 360 miles for the year but at the end of this run I am at 506 miles for the year.  I am still running a little behind on my goal for 1000 miles this year but I'm sure with marathon training coming up, I will be able to reach that goal pretty easy.

I started this blog when I first got started in my weight loss journey and after almost a year, I stopped writing.  I didn't think I had anything else to say and it was taking up, what I thought, a lot of time to sit down and write each post.  When I started to training last June for my first half marathon I started writing again and have enjoyed every single moment I have put into writing and changing the look of my blog.  With that being said, I don't write post to brag about my accomplishments but to help others, like you, and to encourage.  I believe if I can do this, anyone can!  Since I've been running on 350, I have been given high-fives by some of the fastest and long distance runners that I know.  I get them because I ran a new distance or I ran my fastest that day.  I "stole" this graphic from Paul in the Truckin' Runners group and had to comment on it.  I can honestly say that is what everyone one of the members of this group do.  That is also what everyone in my local group do too.  I can't help but think that most running groups are like that too because of all the other runners I have been around at running events.  I know I'm not the fastest and I can't run as far as some but I am not out there for anyone else.  I am out there for ME!  I don't care if you are running your first mile or your 2000th mile (like I did a couple of weeks ago), I will cheer you on!

Thanks for stopping by this week.  Whether it's your first time here or you have read all of the previous 101 post, thank you for being a part of my journey and reading what I have to say.  Hope to see you again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment