Google+

Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Are You Serious?

Does vacation ever last long enough?  I know mine didn't and I had to get back on the truck and delivering freight again.  My marathon training officially started this week and I decided to take most of last week off from running last week.  After a week of eating lots junk food and not eating the most healthy diet, I'm sure my body was glad that I started fueling it with things that are good for it.  Although I haven't given up meat, I have reduced the amount of meat that I eat.

When I first started this journey, I soon stopped eating beef.  I went for about ten month without eating any beef at all except for a small amounts that were probably in pepperoni.  I love pizza and pepperoni is one of my favorite toppings.  Over the next 18 weeks my plan is to still eat the foods that I like but have more control over the portions that I eat.  I'm sure I will start getting hate mail from Little Debbie, McDonald's, and Wendy's.  I will still have my eye on Wendy's chili because of all the fiber and protein in it.

While in Murfreesboro, we went to a store named Lily's As Seen on TV.  When we walked in the door there were three machines sitting right in the middle.  My cousin inquired about them.  I was a machine that simply sat there and vibrated your legs.  Here is a link to it.  The salesman said that it "contracted the muscles in your legs and standing on it for 10 minutes was like being on the treadmill for an hour."  I said to myself, "Is he serious?"  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  They were promoting this device as a way to lose weight and relieve pain.  I don't know about the pain part but I'm sure that it's not going to help you lose weight.  What do you think?

If you have followed this blog for any length of time, you know that I don't believe in using pills or other weight loss products.  Sure, those things will help you get started but you can't continue to take them for the rest of your life.  You must make some uncomfortable changes in your diet and also the things you do.  Although I promote running, you can do other things to be active.  Walking and biking are two other things that I enjoy.  I had to start walking before I could run.  One reason was because I was too heavy and the another was because I needed to get my body used to moving.  Losing weight isn't easy but it is so worth the effort.

I went on three bike rides this past week and only ran one time.  I ran 12 miles on those hills of Hwy 350 on Saturday morning with the other Lunatics.  My three bikes rides were on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday with a total of about 56 miles.  Riding with friends is as fun as running with friends but it's much easier to talk while biking.

Thanks for stopping by this week and I'll see you back here again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment